- 1 bag of broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart.
Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan, and basil. Serve hot.